One of my many goals for the summer is to take the kiddos around to as many parks as we can manage to visit. I thought if I kept track here of how well we liked them, I could reference in the future which parks were worth visiting again. So here we go... first up is Veteran's Memorial Park in West Jordan (1985 W. 7800 S.).
We had been here before a few years ago, but only Kenzie vaguely remembered it when we went there Tuesday. The main attraction is the large area full of wooden structures. Parker spent most of his time running through the giant Saltair (a large twisty slide was on the other side). I just had to make sure I kept seeing his gray hoodie run by the windows from time to time.
McKenzie lounging in the handicapped swing.
A rare sighting of the elusive Gray Hoodied One.
- Kid Rating: B+ (lots to do, but I spent half the time begging McKenzie to check on Parker since I couldn't go in after him. Also, two busloads of day camp kids descended on the park 10 minutes after we arrived. Neither kiddo complained when it was time to leave!)
- Mom's Sanity Rating: C- (Sure, I could sit by the only exit and know they were somewhere in the wooden structures, but there were lots of bigger kids, some armed with squirt guns, and I guess I'm just paranoid. I prefer to be able to see the kids.)
Next up, Skye Park in South Jordan (4800 W. Skye Dr./9800 S.). The weather was much better today, so we brought a picnic and played for about two hours.
I think I counted seven slides, and Parker tried them all a few times!
Last year McKenzie was nervous about monkey bars. Why is she growing up so fast?
I loved the little kid area, although McKenzie told me, "Mom, this isn't much fun." Case in point, she's growing up too fast.
I knew they'd been playing hard when they willingly sat down to eat!
"Okay, Mom," Parker called. "We will just pick you up in one hour!"
- Kid Rating: A- (a little crowded at some points, Kenzie complained a little about that, also no shade on the playground so on a warmer day it would not be fun. There's even a sand pit, though, which I didn't know about so I didn't bring the sand toys. Both kids were quite disappointed!)
- Mom's Sanity Rating: A- (I could sit at the covered picnic tables and see both kids for the most part. There were typical gross park bathrooms to use, too.)
1 comment:
I like this post. Good info on the parks if we should ever be down that way. Nice. :)
Post a Comment