Some people in our neighborhood decided to have a little play-date at the splash pad today (Old Farm Park, 13680 S. 3250 W.). I don't want to know the official temperature, but I'm sure it was close to 100 outside today. Yuck. The splash pad sounded like a great idea.
Parker tried, I think, he really did. But he couldn't bring himself to get too close to the spraying water. When I tried to help him a bit, I realized the strong winds were really blowing that freezing cold water around. I couldn't blame him for not enjoying that!
Kenzie did run through the splash pad for awhile, but then both kids wound up just playing on the normal playground. In full sun. In the 90+ degree weather. I started to question our sanity, and then took them home! Ironically Parker's complaint was that there was no waterslide. He won't go near a sprinkler, but he claims he'd love a waterslide. We need to test that theory sometime this summer!
- Kid Rating: B (I think if the day was less windy, the splash pad would've been more fun)
- Mom's Sanity: Preggo Mom gives this place a C, due to no shade except under the pavilion. Most moms were baking in the full sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment