Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Kindergarten Field Trip

This morning we headed off to the zoo with all the kindergarteners! I was a little nervous about signing up to be a chaperone, as I pictured that being a little nutty. There were enough moms around, though, that I actually was only in charge of my own kids. At the zoo, that's enough for me!I loved this picture - the sun was obviously in their eyes! McKenzie was so thrilled to get to ride the bus; I think it was even more exciting than the zoo. She kept asking, "Is it time for me to ride the bus home now?"
Kenzie and her friend, Lilly, with the baby geese.
I've never seen the tigers this close; they were pacing, probably waiting for their breakfast. But it was neat to see them so active.
Of course we had to stop and ride the carousel. I loved Kenzie's expression here, she was very concerned that I was not right next to Parker. I assured her I was only getting a picture and then I would stand next to him (she's such a mother hen!). The ride hadn't even started yet!
Here's my proof that I did hang on to Parker, and that then Kenzie was happy.
Hanging out and eating lunch at 10:50am. They couldn't wait any longer!
Here's a fun note to end on. Two goofy kids. We had a good morning, and now I'm sure exhausted!

1 comment:

StephNyd said...

Fun field trip. :) I was just thinking about the zoo the other day and trying to recall the last time I took my kids there and I honestly cannot remember. I guess we are due for a trip down to Salt Lake now!
Hey, would you want to meet us one day if we did make the trip? That would give us an excuse to get together!
And she really does look worried that you aren't standing next to Parker! Too cute. :)