
Yesterday was yet another rainy day, so we continued our streak of indoor activities by riding TRAX up to Salt Lake to the planetarium. These cheesy faces were not just for the camera; both kids were very entertained by the train. Parker giggled each time we'd start going and was disappointed each time it stopped.

He loved this moving sculpture, or whatever it's called. Lots and lots of balls rolling around, and a crank to turn. That was really all he needed.

We bought tickets to watch a movie in the Hansen Dome, so while we waited for it to start we had fun checking out the exhibits.

No surprise, here's Parker back watching the balls some more.

I really liked this one, if you don't look too closely it does kind of look like Mars. We finally headed to the movie after this. I thought they would like looking up at the giant domed screen, and I made sure to select a very benign documentary entitled
The Ultimate Universe, something general about space. Right off the bat, however, instead of our boring movie, we got to watch a preview of
Black Holes -- we had explosions, planets being sucked into black holes, lots and lots of loud noises. Parker screamed, covered his ears, and started yelling, "I gotta get outta here!" I couldn't calm him down, so we wound up just riding the train over to the U, meeting up with Daddy, and riding the train home together. McKenzie was a little disappointed not to watch the movie, but she was a good sport. Parker fell asleep on my lap, even, and he was so cute I forgave him for causing such a scene!
No comments:
Post a Comment