Monday, May 16, 2011

Jungle Jim's

We didn't have much of a Spring Break this year. It was only three days, it snowed, and both kids managed to throw up several times. So, since Kenzie has this whole week off for kindergarten testing, I have declared it our Spring Break. Today we started off by going to Jungle Jim's, a glorified Chuck E. Cheese type place in Midvale.
McKenzie loved everything, but Parker was far more timid. He did, however, love this little spinning ride. I think they went on this one no less than 8 or 9 times. There were literally only 5-7 other kids in the place, so they never waited in line.
Parker kept running back to this slide. I was able to ride the "roller coaster" with McKenzie because I knew he would not leave this slide area. (I told Chris I thought it was the most terrifying ride I'd ever ridden. I do not care for going that quickly in such a small circle!)
McKenzie loved this Dumbo-type ride, "It rocks!" she exclaimed and cackled the entire time.
This boat was more Parker's style, though.
I did get a kick out of the bumper cars. Parker had a hard time at first, but once he understood the concept of a pedal, he took off rather well. It was a fun day, although every outing is now bittersweet when McKenzie makes a comment like, "I sure wish Baby Allison was here at the play place!" Aside from that, though, it was all smiles. Kenzie even asked the minute we got into the parking lot, "Can we come back tomorrow?" I think I may have groaned!

No comments: