
Hooray for Christmas Eve! I can tell I'm going to need a nap when Christmas is over! Parker couldn't wait for dinner and decided to mutilate a roll while he waited for us.

Daddy got a fire going for atmosphere.

About to eat! Bacon-wrapped pork loin, potato gratin, crescent rolls, asparagus (and green beans for the kids). Then later we did have peppermint ice cream cake, which Kenzie insisted be frosted pink for baby Jesus.

Then the kids got to each open one present. Chris had a good idea to start a tradition that they exchange gifts on Christmas Eve. So even though they technically had nothing to do with the purchase of the gifts, Kenzie did thank Parker for her Pretty Pretty Princess game.

Daddy was a good sport and played the game. I was a good sport and refrained from taking a picture. Kenzie even won, which is always great for her!

Parker gasped when he opened his present. (I don't even know what you call it, just those toys usually reserved for waiting rooms with the wooden base and the chunky beads on thick wires.) I was sad my camera's batteries died because I didn't get his reaction on video.

What a goofball! Kenzie is showing off the present she made at preschool that she let Daddy and I open early. It's a little note-holder and notepad. We were so impressed that she managed to keep a secret. (I found out why, though, when we opened it and said, "What is it?" and she just shrugged. "I don't know! It's from preschool!" No wonder she could keep it a secret!) Needless to say, it's the sweetest gift we've gotten. Now it's off to bed so Santa can come. Kenzie has already pitter-pattered down the hall a few times claiming she can't sleep, so I hope it's not too long of a night!
No comments:
Post a Comment