
Chris has a 4-day weekend, so although tomorrow's plans include cleaning (bleh), today we went to the Tracy Aviary in Salt Lake. The kids love birdies, and I had never been there, but as an added bonus we accidentally arrived on a Free Day. So, we rented a wagon for $3 since we forgot the stroller. Not a bad deal!

Pelicans are actually kind of mean. We got out of there before the gang war between them and the ducks broke out.

My cute family. It might take you a second to spot the bird, but he's there.

I loved the comments from Kenzie as we went around. "Mom, what's that red thing? Is that his nose?" "Ha, that bird has a weird hair-do!" and so on.

Kenzie took this picture for us. Just what
is this thing? A gingerbread man with a rocket? An earless monkey with a corn husk? Either way, it was tempting to take our Christmas photos right then and there.

Flamingos! Kenzie was really happy to see them, since she'd been asking about flamingos recently but hadn't seen them before.

When I originally told Kenzie we could go see birds, she got really excited. "A peacock? I love peacocks!" So getting to see some peacocks up close made the trip complete for her.

We got Parker out of the wagon so he could see better, and he refused to get back in. He marched around the rest of the time. When he saw this bench, though, he ran right over and climbed up onto it to sit. Here he is blowing a kiss with Daddy. He wore himself out and fell asleep on the way home. That's always the sign of a good trip for the little guy!
1 comment:
a-HA the sock monkey with a banana and peel (or whateva it is) picture makes so much more sense on your facebook page now!!
and I'm glad that KEnzie got to see FLamingo's that is really cool. I think the first time I saw them I was around her age.
Post a Comment