Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Most Terrifying Thing in the World!

Yes, peanut butter and jelly is terrifying. At least, according to my kids. I was running low on groceries so for lunch I made a pb&j sandwich, cut it into fourths, and put two pieces on Parker's tray and two pieces on a Barbie plate. What ensued was almost comical. Parker screamed and twisted in his chair, trying desperately to get as far as possible from the offending object. Kenzie sobbed and sobbed, begging for Daddy to come home and feed her something decent, like the grilled cheese she eats the other 364 days of the year. I just stood there with my eyebrows raised, amazed at the magical powers of fear I was able to unleash with a mere butter knife and spoon. And now Daddy has a nicely quartered sandwich to take for lunch.

6 comments:

Marcee said...

That's funny... but my oldest two don't like peanut butter at all! Crazy kids!

Zoppo said...

wait. I don't get it. were they scared of that picture? or an actual pb&j sandwich? cuz I can see why that picture would be really REALLY disturbing.

Tiff said...

They hated the real peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I just used this picture because it was so cutesy and happy, or the opposite of what you would think would be scary. :o)

Zoppo said...

yeah. but the picture the sandwich is spreading the jelly on itself! like it is an alive creature. so it is indeed scary. Parker & Kenzie's fears are justified.

Zoppo said...

I don't know if I want to eat pb & J sandwiches ever again, to tell you the truth!

Tiff said...

haha Well, you can come over and eat lunch with my kids then. I guarantee you the meal would be pb&j free. :o)