Friday, June 19, 2009

Waiting for Daddy

Okay, this window looks out into the backyard, so they're obviously not really looking for Daddy, but it's the only window Parker can stand and look out of. Chris is gone at Scout Camp until Saturday, so I've tried to keep Kenzie and Parker occupied: we've been to the park, seen a puppet show at the library, gone shopping, read piles of books, eaten our weight in chicken nuggets, taken extra long baths, etc. etc. etc. I'm doing a good job wearing them out (Kenzie and Parker both took a 4:30pm nap yesterday!) but Parker still says, "D-D?" while looking for Daddy in obvious spots (like his side of the bed in the morning), and Kenzie has probably told me 539 times, "I just probably miss Daddy at Camp Scouts!" The plan for tonight is a movie, pizza, and popcorn, so I hope that distracts them for a bit. One day to go! Now we're off to PetCo to admire the animals...

No comments: