Friday, April 3, 2009

Trial Run

Parker's 1st birthday is not too far away, and there's lots of pressure for him to get frosting everywhere for the occasion. I thought it might help him to get acquainted with the sweet stuff, so I gave him a cupcake tonight.
He was very wary. He poked it, and tried to fling the frosting off his fingers. Finally I had to put some frosting directly in his mouth.
That caught his attention - he picked up the whole cupcake at that point!
But it was more fun to just smoosh the cupcake between his fingers.
He started literally throwing cupcake bits towards me with a big grin. That's when I figured he'd had enough "practice" - he'll definitely be ready to make a big mess for his big day!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Tiff you are quite the cupcake and cake decorator! Your little guy looks like he'll be the pro at demolishing his cupcake for his birthday!

Tiff said...

Thanks! Yeah, I'm confident he'll know what to do now, even if it doesn't really involve actually eating.