Monday, April 6, 2009

Clean Up, Clean Up

Today marked Day 1 of my mission to get the yard Easter-egg-hunt ready by Saturday. Ugh. While Parker napped and Kenzie watched Special Agent Oso (her new favorite cartoon - Chris overheard her saying, "Special Alert!" to herself tonight) I cleaned the yard. Well, a very small portion of it. Just the swingset area, which also happens to be the dog's favorite potty area. Let's just say the bucket got really heavy... ugh.Then when Parker woke up I put him out in his playpen. (I was scared I'd missed too many "land mines" for Parker to be rolling around in the grass just yet). He was content to play with Kenzie's toys and eat graham crackers, though.
Kenzie with Taz. "Here, BOY!" she kept yelling. He didn't know to answer to that, and I don't know where Kenzie learned the "boy" part, but if she yelled, "Taz!" he'd come right over.
The leaves are everywhere because I managed to rake them all out to the center of the yard for Chris to suck up with the lawnmower. (Hint, hint!) So that's one part of the yard, and only 4 more to go! It might snow again on Wednesday, too. I've lived in Utah for several years now, so you'd think I'd get used to these pseudo-Springs. But not yet.

No comments: