This week my mom and grandma came to visit - just in time for our AC to break. Also, the entire week set records for heat. It was at least 100 each day, I think 102 or 103 officially. It was 87 in the house. I slept with ice packs and tried really hard to not become a crazy pregnant woman. (No one has dared tell me if I was successful or not, but I hope so!)
However, the kiddos had swim lessons each morning which kept them cool. They were so pleased to have an audience.
Brave Kenzie jumping off the diving board!
Thursday we couldn't take the house anymore, so we went to the aquarium. Parker loves the idea of putting his hand in the water, but he's not about to touch the rays.
McKenzie was so happy to touch a starfish! (Notice the sweater? She was the only one not complaining about the temperatures inside the house, and whenever we went out to a cool restaurant to eat she immediately complained she was cold!)
Parker wanted to use my camera to take a picture of the otters. I thought this turned out kind of neat, in a very abstract way.
He then instructed Kenzie to sit on the frog and he took her picture. Funny kid.
More cooling off with ice cream! We stopped at Macey's...
...because for years now Chris and I have joked my mom would love the Kong Cone. She was as impressed as we'd hoped she'd be! The best part of Thursday, though, was coming home to find out the AC part had come in! It was so exciting to watch the thermostat slowly inch down, and when it finally dipped under 80 we all cheered! Ironically, the weather forecast calls for much cooler temperatures as the heat wave has ended. I won't complain, though!
1 comment:
WOW! that is a huge icecream cone!! But, also notice your mom and Gma didn't bring the rain from Oregon this time! (I guess we got that out of the way)
Post a Comment