Thursday, July 19, 2012

City Creek

Today we had a picnic with Daddy, which always makes the kiddos happy.  (Yes, I realize Daddy is not pictured, but he really was there.  Also, I was there in a lawn chair!) After his lunch break, Daddy had to return to work.  It seemed sad to just drive all the way back home without him, so we drove over to City Creek to check out the new mall before coming back to pick him up.
 I am not a shopper, so really we just came to see the fountains.
They didn't disappoint!  There was even a little "show" to music on the hour.  The kids were not as impressed with the show as I thought they would be - it was far more fun just to stick their hands and feet in the water.
Riding the escalators and walking over the bridge above the street were also highlights for the kids.  (Again, here's McKenzie on a 90 degree day wearing her sweater! I really don't know what to make of that.)
We also counted the fish in the pond.  We made it out of the parking garage with 1 minute to spare on our free hour of parking - so we managed to tour a very expensive shopping locale for free.  To celebrate, we spent that dollar instead on some Reese's Pieces in the vending machine by Daddy's office.  I'm so glad my kids are still young enough to claim, "This was the best day ever!" when that's all we did!

No comments: