Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Float Preview

 I really dislike parades in my old age.  For my 13th birthday, or somewhere around there, I did actually request to go see the Rose Parade in Portland.  Now that I live in Utah, however, I find them to be quite the nuisance.  For whatever reason, people feel the need to camp out in downtown Salt Lake (a place I would not care to be after dark) for days, risking life and limb, just to get a seat for the annual Days of '47 Parade.  (This same problem occurs even with the dinky Riverton parade, though - people start strapping their lawn chairs to street signs a week in advance!)  
 
Anyways, since I have no interest in sleeping on the sidewalks for several days, we simply look at the floats ahead of time and then avoid the downtown area at all costs.  Kenzie really liked this Madagascar float.
 Parker insisted I take his picture by this bizarre spiderweb one. 
 Here's my favorite - the banana split float.  The cherries even rotated around.
 
A marching band marched around for awhile - Parker bobbed his head and really seemed to enjoy it, but Kenzie kept her ears plugged!
Parker was so excited to see Alex the Lion from Madagascar!  He ran right up and gave him a high-five on those huge paws.  (Kenzie, on the other hand, hid behind me!)  Both kids seemed to enjoy it, but I could only get Parker to leave willingly by promising him lunch!

No comments: