Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Final Day of St. George Trip

Our last day was Saturday, and it was a bit windy so we stuck to the indoor pool. I finally remembered to bring my camera, and we actually had the entire pool to ourselves. (That definitely only happened the once - in fact later this day it was insanely crowded.)
One thing about it, I did not have to say, "Smile!" when either kiddo was around the water. Even just three days of swimming helped both of them become quite fearless in the pool.
I wanted to take this shot to show the view we had from the pool of the red rocks in the background. It was a nice change of pace but I think I would miss trees if I stayed there longer than a few days!
When lunchtime rolled around, we got some sandwiches to take for a picnic. Parker only eats peanut butter or grilled cheese sandwiches (in fact, standing in line at Subway Parker looked intensely at the menu and finally said, "But I don't like those. I will just eat bread."). Fortunately we had leftover Brick Oven pizza in our hotel's fridge!
A short walk to a little pond. There were some ducks and fish to look at, but I managed to not get either in the picture.
I had to include this - after swimming some more and going out to eat one last time, the kids took baths and got settled in to watch another movie. Parker made it about 15 minutes before falling asleep. It's funny how vacation is so tiring! The next morning we got breakfast and headed home through rain and even some snow! What a welcome back to northern Utah. When's the next vacation?

No comments: