
Last night we took the kids to their first Grizzlies hockey game. Even though it was a miserable loss as far as the actual score, the kids had a great time. Parker
loved watching the zamboni. We were able to get front row seats (which was a first for all of us), so Grizzbee (the mascot) even skated over and waved at Parker. (Parker, ever the shy one, immediately sank down to hide!)

During warm-ups, one of the players even tossed a puck over for the kids. I think he tossed it over to Parker, actually, but he was too shy to claim it. McKenzie was quite pleased, though, and has bragged about it all day. She even plans to bring it to school and ask to show it to her class.

Then Parker grabbed my camera... it was amusing to see him try really hard to take pictures of what he liked. The giant inflatable grizzly was a definite hit (I believe I deleted at least 15 pictures of it!). Before it was inflated, though, Parker was concerned: "Mom, is the polar bear dead?"

I can't even count how many blurry zamboni pictures were on my camera!

He actually managed to get a few good shots of the action as well, though. I might let him use my camera more often.

Still, I had to take my camera back from time to time. I'm sure I should use the word "manly" instead of "sweet" when describing this, but too bad, I think it's sweet. We had a good time, and both kids said they would like to go to another hockey game sometime. Daddy would say, "We're training them right!"
1 comment:
Awesome!!
Post a Comment