Happy 8th Anniversary to us! This marks the first year we have celebrated with a night away. (If ever there was a year we needed to get away, it was this one, so we splurged.)

I had to take a picture of where we stayed because I thought it was so quaint. We stayed at the Providence Inn this past weekend. It was my first stay ever in a bed-and-breakfast. (I think it's safe to say I don't get out much.) We had fun giggling about all the "Just Married" compact cars in the parking lot, as we got out of our still-dirty-from-camping minivan with sippy cups and coloring books strewn about.

Chris waiting in the cute parlor for our room to be ready. He's a good sport when I want to take pictures.

He did laugh at me for wanting to take a picture of this, though. We ate dinner at the Bluebird restaurant in Logan, which was a cute little place, and we split this Teddy Bear Sundae. I wasn't expecting it to look like a teddy bear; I thought the name just referred to it being chocolate. The red eyes allowed me to not feel guilty about eating him, though!

I forgot to take a picture of the rest of the room we stayed in, but I didn't forget to take a picture of breakfast. (Obviously I document the things that are most important to me!) How fun is it to have someone bring you breakfast? We had a great time, it was nice to just relax for awhile. (And we tried not to just talk about the kids, hard as that is!) It is probably customary to end an anniversary post with a sappy comment, so I will -- I can't imagine a better guy for me. He puts up with my quirks, eats anything I cook for dinner, writes me the occasional love note, laughs at my jokes, goes to work so I can stay home, and sticks around even when life isn't so fun. So yep, I kinda like him. Happy Anniversary, Geeb!
3 comments:
Happy 8th! :)
Happy 8th!!! Time FLIES!!!
I think the last time we saw you guys was at your reception just before we moved! (How sad is that??)
Wow! Happy 8th anniversary!! The 7 year-itch didn't even phase you two!! Congrats.....and that teddy bear sunday looked awesome, I think I may try to copy their concept and try to make it for Ryan one night. Anyways, congrats on having a good anniversary celebration, and for the record I've never stayed in a B & B before either!! =)
Post a Comment