Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day

Kenzie came back from kindergarten with this larger-than-life "Leprechaun Hat" (I had to take a step backwards to get it all in the photo even!). She was rather disappointed that the leprechaun traps set in the classroom didn't actually catch the sneaky little fellas, though.
After school, I planned on having the kids make Irish soda bread with me. I heard giggling but it took me a minute to find them - they had camped out in the bathroom closet and were playing in there with the door shut. I thought it was sweet, so I let them be and they played happily for a half hour or so. (Of course, then the novelty wore off, and I remembered why the bathroom is not a play zone - I discovered they were sword-fighting with the plunger! So disgusting.)
After a thorough hand-washing session, we proceeded to make our yearly green bread.
I divided the dough in half and enjoyed the comparisons - Kenzie had worked her dough so much it was a sticky mess. Parker had barely done anything so his was a dry, floury ball. I put them together and we had some decent bread. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: