Monday, July 6, 2009

Kenzie's First Swimming Lesson

Kenzie was so excited for her swimming lesson today! Once she actually got to the water's edge, though, she was extremely shy. After a minute, she was having a blast jumping up and down, but she jumped so high that she got water up her nose on the way down - she went back to being very cautious after that.
If you look really closely (click on the picture to make it bigger) you can see a big smile on her face. I thought she did pretty well for her first lesson - she at least attempted everything. Her instructor tried telling the kids he'd changed the pool into ice cream (to get them to "scoop" with their hands). I could hear McKenzie, though: "It's not ice cream! It's just water!" She was not fooled.
Parker hung out in the chair with Dibble (Kenzie really wanted her stuffed dog to come watch her). He was quite interested watching the kids in the pool, and it wore him out! Usually he doesn't take a nap until 11:30 or noon, so I chose the 10am lesson time. We got home at 10:45 and Parker was already half asleep!

1 comment:

StephNyd said...

I love the summer time swimming lessons! :) So fun.