Wednesday, November 26, 2008

5 Shots, 1 Liquid Vaccine, and 1 Flu Mist: Plenty to Go Around

Today was one of those fun days at the doctor: Parker got 4 shots and a liquid vaccine, Kenzie got to sniff her flu mist vaccine, and I got a flu shot. I was a brave Mommy and went first! You'd never know that Parker had shots, though, he still smiled all day. The only thing different was he actually took a 2-hour nap, which was wonderful because I actually got the pumpkin pies baked.Parker's special treat was a Zwieback toast. I told Chris I can't believe they sell toast. (And I bought it!)
I had to spike his hair at least once so I can tell Diana Lynn I did!

2 comments:

Zoppo said...

yeah, how did the FluMist go with Kenzie? I've been curious how that works.....so do they have to shoot the vaccine straight up their nose? And, it's actually a live virus that you are shooting in your nose, unlike the innoculation flu shot?? So, what was your personal experience with it? Any strong opinion? I'm a dork I know.....I'm just curious though.

Tiff said...

Kenzie was actually happy to get it; she wasn't left out that way since Parker and I were both getting shots! haha She just sniffed it like a nasal spray and was proud of herself. We were worried she'd get a little sick, and that weekend she was really tired (but she also played nonstop with her cousins at Thanksgiving, so hard to tell what was the cause). She seemed just fine, wasn't scared of it, it didn't hurt, I think it turned out just fine for us! :o)