
Last night was "Achievement Day," where a group of girls ages 8-11 came over and we made several crafts. I had lots of beads and aquarium gravel left over, and hadn't had time to clean it up yet. So of course I was rocking Parker to sleep upstairs this afternoon when I heard the melodic sound of beads cascading down the stairs (and cascading, and cascading some more. Then it stopped, and started again, and then again...) It sounded like a rain stick (which we made at the last Achievement Day), but instead it was Kenzie. "I just made you a quesadilla," she told me (the beads had started out in a bowl, so naturally she pretended to cook). So I took a picture (if you look closely you can see that the stairs are quite colorful). I think it started out as an accident, but then she enjoyed the sound of small pebbles and beads bouncing down the hard stairs, so she kept pouring. And now I get to go find the broom...
No comments:
Post a Comment