Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"I Just Need to Dance with the Prince"

Today McKenzie's Halloween costume arrived - a Cinderella dress and gloves. So, naturally she told me she wanted to be Sleeping Beauty! Once she saw the dress she changed her mind, though. She even held the gown up off the floor like Cinderella and danced around. I told her it was time to take it off and get ready for a bath. "But I just need to go to Halloween!" She was not convinced that tonight was really not the night to go up and down the street asking for candy (but hey, if I wasn't so tired... I could go for some chocolate). To put the disappointment in the words of Kenzie: "My heart is just not feeling good!" I asked her if she was the most dramatic three-year-old ever, and she said, "Yes!" I have a feeling the dress is going to be worn in quite well by October 31.

No comments: