Monday, August 27, 2012

One Long Week

 Cameron is one week old today!  It has been a long week.  He's yawning, not crying in the picture above.  I love baby yawns, and a sleeping baby is always cute... until he won't wake up.  Cameron wouldn't wake up to eat, despite being undressed, wiped with a cool washcloth, you name it. 
 He wound up back in the hospital Friday night.  I really don't even want to comment on my emotional state at this point!  But, after a few days of waiting for test results, Sunday he was given the all-clear.  He didn't have an infection after all, he had just gotten behind on his feeding due to his sleepiness and couldn't catch back up (he had no energy to eat, so he got more tired, and still couldn't eat...).  He started eating better and was allowed to go home.
 It was nice to get all those band-aids and tape off the little guy and wash him up a bit!
 Look who finally woke up and was alert!  We hadn't even seen his eyes more than a few minutes total because he'd been so sleepy.
 Here he is this morning at one week with his siblings.  They are still pretty proud of him, and were so excited for him to come back home!
Happy One Week, Little Man!

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I'm so glad he's alert and eating more! Our little guy's problem is he DOESN'T sleep during the day and therefore eats too much and spits up.

Your little guy is beautiful and I'm so happy for you guys!

Zoppo said...

Yeah, exactly I'm glad everything turned out well and everyone is happy & healthy!