Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Easter Bunny Has Arrived

Our kiddos had a rough 24 hours - we were almost to the zoo yesterday, I was pulling off the freeway in fact, when it came to my attention that Kenzie needed to throw up. Parker didn't follow suit until 1am, but by this morning we all needed something fun. Thank goodness the Easter Bunny stopped by! McKenzie ran right out and got her basket, then meticulously picked through each item. "The Easter Bunny sure knows what I like!" she exclaimed. (Tonight she even taped a note that said, "Easter Bunny, I love you" to her window for him to see as he hops by.)
I wish I had an in-action shot of Parker's approach - he took one look at the basket and promptly turned it upside down to dump the loot out. He was so thrilled for his Spiderman pencils! (Who knew they'd be better than trains or bugs?)
I was puttering around the kitchen when Kenzie called out from the front room, "We're just being careful not to make a mess!" That statement was not as comforting as it sounded, and sure enough they were using their new watercolors on my only nice furniture. We quickly relocated to the kitchen!
Then it was time for eggs. McKenzie drew hearts and smiley faces with the wax crayon, and Parker happily plopped each egg into a cup. That's about the extent of our egg-dying. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

StephNyd said...

Looks like a great Easter. :)
Lacey kept saying.."Mom, how the Easter bunny know just what I like? How he know I want this dress? How he know I been dreaming about all this stuff in my basket? How he know?! Wow!"