Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy Pioneer Day

Just a little dancing by the fire pit. Hannah even knew I was about to take a picture. I fit in with this family more than I want to admit!
Parker waving as he played with Megan.
Just a little excitement here - Kenzie finally got the chance to use the light-up wand she'd gotten for her birthday.
Thank you to Caroline's neighbors for putting on a nice illegal show right above our heads.
Fireworks are one of those things so much better in person. Pictures just aren't the same. (Parker might disagree with that, however, since he loved fireworks on the 4th when they were a mile away, but whimpered a bit each time one went off directly above us.)
This giant marshmallow was very much enjoyed!
This amused me - Chris plugging his ears as a firework is lit.
Kenzie hates loud noises, so she was the first one back inside. After a few minutes of me covering Parker's ears, I asked him if he wanted to go inside, too. "Yep!" he exclaimed. So they watched Wow Wow Wubbzy and waited for the fireworks to be over. "Fy-works. LOUD!" Parker told me several times. That's the end of the fireworks for this year, though!

No comments: