Friday, June 11, 2010

My Birthday

Wednesday I turned 27! Crazy. A few more years and I'll stop announcing my age each birthday! Here's Kenzie and Chris showing off my present - a snow cone machine. (McKenzie loves it and has had at least 2 snow cones a day, including right after breakfast each day.)
The older I get, the more boring I get. My idea of a great day just involved not dirtying my kitchen. So we went to the pizza lunch buffet at Rock Creek Pizza Co.
When dinnertime rolled around, we still weren't hungry, so we had ice cream for dinner! (Can you think of a better birthday dinner?) We were amused that Parker picked out the flavor he wanted, and ate the whole thing quite happily, too.
I kept saying, "Are you sure?" when McKenzie asked for the sugar-free pink grapefruit sorbet as her selection. I even asked for a sample for her, but her response? "I LOVE IT!" Then she ate her cone with the sample spoon.
Finishing the day with another snow cone. Maybe not a very exciting day, but I got to hang out with my three favorite people and not do dishes!

1 comment:

StephNyd said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a fun day with the family. :) Love the snow cone machine.