Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to Barbie!

Earlier today McKenzie excitedly informed me that Barbie (her old bubble bath container) was having a birthday. "We should make her a cake!" Now, I'm not one to turn down a cake, so we went ahead and made a cake for Barbie.
Kenzie was proudly stirring away, all by herself (her emphasis, not mine), and blabbering on about how Barbie was turning 5 and would really like this cake. Then I made the mistake of asking, "Will Barbie like to eat the cake?" She gave me that look and said, "No, Mom! Barbie can't eat the cake! She doesn't have any teeth! She's just a bath toy." Silly me. Barbie and Kenzie deliberated on frosting colors - Kenzie chose pink. She even frosted the cake mostly by herself, although Mom helped a touch just to speed things along... ...because here was Parker, in the Zone (with a capital Z!) He was exhausted and watched cartoons on Daddy's laptop while he waited for us to finish up.
Kenzie was so pleased. I didn't want to waste 5 candles, but Kenzie didn't object to having TWO on the cake (the trick is to make it sound exciting!). So Barbie's 5th birthday was officially celebrated.
And Mommy got yet another good picture to tease Kenzie about someday. (Not to mention a piece of yummy cake. I wonder what other toy will be aging soon?)

No comments: