Sunday, August 17, 2008
5 Year Anniversary
Saturday was our 5th wedding anniversary, so we followed tradition and went to Mimi's Cafe. (That started when a travel agent tried to convince us to stay at a hotel for our honeymoon that was, "even close to Mimi's Cafe!" We hadn't heard of it, so we thought it was a local landmark! We didn't pick the hotel, and a good thing since when we came home from our honeymoon we noticed a Mimi's Cafe just a few minutes from our apartment!). Anyways, we made it halfway through the meal. Kenzie was very good, even asking very politely, "Mommy, can I play with the sharp knife?" (referring to the steak knife at her spot). Parker slept until I had finished half my sandwich, when he promptly awoke and started screaming. Nothing would pacify him so I stood outside enduring strange looks while Chris packed up the food in boxes... we wound up finishing our meal at home watching the Olympics. Oh, the glamour is sure gone, but at least the food was good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
humm...interesting. I will have to check and see if they have a Mimi's Cafe around where I live.
I am so glad that you started a blog! Your kids are growing so quickly. Kenzie is such a little girl so different from the little toddler I remember.
Post a Comment