
It was finally time to carve pumpkins last night. Funny how it's for the kids, yet Mommy and Daddy did all the knife-handling and pumpkin guts-touching. The kiddos were happy just to supervise, dictate their design, and scribble all over a tiny pumpkin for the baby.

An in-action shot. My job was to separate the seeds from the goo. Not glamorous, but I do love the roasted seeds.

I told Kenzie if she smiled normally just once...

...then she could make the scariest face possible. This is what she came up with.

Parker was so happy. "I huggin' da pumpkin'!"

I asked him if he wanted to do a scary face, too. He said, "Ooh, I scared!" and this is what we got. Goofy kid.

This morning the whole house smelled a little too much like pumpkin for Mommy, so out onto the porch the pumpkins went. Then Kenzie told me, "I'm ready for Christmas!" I reminded her about trick-or-treating, though, so we're back on track for Halloween this weekend!
1 comment:
I haven't even thought about carving pumpkins this year since we just moved a couple of days ago. I think we will pass this year. That pumpkin smell gets to me sometimes as well.
Here's a tip that my aunt gave me for keeping your pumpkins looking fresh. I know it's kind of crazy and a little slimy, but she said to rub vaseline all over the pumpkin on the outside and on the inside of all the holes and whatnot that you cut. She says it preserves the pumpkin and makes it last a long time. My mom tried it and it actually worked.
Post a Comment